The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
View our Equal Employment Opportunity Plan--EEOP
Please make sure and read below under “How Do I Apply” to make sure you have filled out the correct application. Thank you!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN OPENING.
Job Application Forms: Best Viewed with Adobe Reader XI
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
RIGHT CLICK ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT YOU WANT TO USE AND SELECT SAVE TARGET AS-SAVE THE FILE LOCALLY TO YOUR COMPUTER, THEN FILL OUT THE FORM.
IF YOU ARE NOT USING ADOBE READER XI OR ADOBE ACROBAT, YOU CANNOT SAVE DATA IN THE FORM--YOU MUST USE THE SUBMIT BY EMAIL BUTTON ON THE FORM. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME UP WHEN YOU CLICK THE BUTTON. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THE FORMS, PLEASE CALL 405-878-1669 OR 405-878-1626 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, AND WE WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU.
REMEMBER--YOUR BEST OPTION IS TO USE EITHER ADOBE ACROBAT OR ADOBE READER XI. ADOBE READER XI IS FREE ON THE INTERNET.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader!
Regular Employee Applicants
Shawnee Splash Applications
City of Shawnee-Shawnee Splash-Application
City of Shawnee-Shawnee Splash-Mobile Application
Police Officer Applicants
No job openings at this time.
How Do I Apply?
Are you interested in becoming a City of Shawnee employee? Listed above are the positions that are currently open with us right now. You can download the City Application by clicking its link above.
Once you have filled out the application completely, you can either mail it to the HR Department, 16 West 9th Street, Shawnee, Oklahoma 74802-1448, email to email@example.com or fax it to Jennifer Greenland at (405) 878-1734. If you are applying for more than one position within the City of Shawnee, a new application has to be filled out for each position.
Job descriptions are available for each position that is open. If you would like to receive notices through e-mail for position that come open with the City of Shawnee, please sign up on this webpage to receive them!
The City of Shawnee requires a pre-employment drug screen and physical for its potential employees.
General City of Shawnee Employee Information
The City of Shawnee offers positions in these categories:
- Full Time
- Part Time (averages from 20 to 29 hours a week)
- Seasonal Temporary Help (variation on the hours and type of work)
The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination because of race, sex, religion, age, national origin or disability in recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, and promotions for any and all positions with the City of Shawnee
Show Job Titles Only Show All Detail|
|Job Title||Finance Director|
|Job Description||City of Shawnee|
JOB TITLE: Finance Director
PAY RANGE: TBD
ACCOUNTABLE TO: City Manager
Link to Finance Director brochure
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under Administrative direction maintains the general accounting system, projects revenues, and significantly contributes to the preparation of the annual budget and all budget revisions. Coordinates assigned activities with other departments, elected officials, and outside agencies. Work varies considerably, requiring individual judgment within statutory or ordinance standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must possess accounting education, skills, and experience demonstrating the ability to maintain the city''''''''s financial records;
• Duties require some limited physical movement of lifting up to 35#’s,(greater with assistance), prolonged sitting, walking, bending, and stooping;
• Work is performed in an office and conditions are controllable;
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s license.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
• Is responsible for the Directing, planning, coordinating and development of policies concerning the activities of the Finance Department including accounting, budgeting, treasury, finance, project, and revenue activities;
• Directs and supervises all purchasing activities for the City;
• Presents financial information to the City Commission;
• Supervises the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget for the City;
• Prepares comprehensive budgetary and financial reports;
• Makes recommendations on budgetary and financial matters;
• Directs and supervises the City’s investment program;
• Monitors the City’s overall financial position;
• Directs and supervises accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll activities;
• Recommends additions and changes in Ordinances and regulations governing the fiscal policies of the City;
• Provides professional advice to the City Manager and other department heads;
• Makes presentations to the City Commission, Boards, civic groups, and the general public;
• Participates in Union negotiations;
• Prepares the annual financial reports for audit by independent auditors, including all work papers required by the auditors;
• Implements adequate internal control over the City’s fiscal activities;
• Performs general management duties for the City Manager as assigned;
• Performs other duties as directed.
• Prepares statements, reports, and compiles records, working with information which is generally limited;
• Prepares reports for management concerning the scope of audits, financial conditions found, and sources and applications of funds;
• Position requires frequent contact with fellow employees and the public with the need to communicate orally and in writing and where tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality are required;
• Responsibility for the receipt, expenditure, and accountability of funds is considerable;
• Work is performed in an office and is controllable, consistent with safe practices and policies.
SUPERVISION - RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS: Supervises all personnel and operations of the Finance Department.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field;
• Ten years of municipal finance and budgeting experience preferred;
• CPA preferred;
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and maintain a status of insurability.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND EXPECTATIONS:
• Oversees the preparation of all financial records of the City including payroll and purchasing;
• Possesses knowledge of administrative principles and practices, including goal setting and program budget development and implementation;
• Possesses knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles;
• Possesses knowledge of record keeping, report preparation, filing methods, and record management techniques;
• Possesses the ability to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written documentation;
• Keeps the City Manager promptly informed of all pertinent matters;
| ||Printer Friendly Version|
City of Shawnee Personnel Department
This will add or remove you from a mail listing of the most recent City of Shawnee Job openings. An email with basic information related to the position will be generated each time a new job isposted. You will NOT receive any other email and your email address will not be used for other purposes.