The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
View our Equal Employment Opportunity Plan--EEOP
Please make sure and read below under “How Do I Apply” to make sure you have filled out the correct application. Thank you!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN OPENING.
Job Application Forms: Best Viewed with Adobe Reader XI
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
RIGHT CLICK ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT YOU WANT TO USE AND SELECT SAVE TARGET AS-SAVE THE FILE LOCALLY TO YOUR COMPUTER, THEN FILL OUT THE FORM.
IF YOU ARE NOT USING ADOBE READER XI OR ADOBE ACROBAT, YOU CANNOT SAVE DATA IN THE FORM--YOU MUST USE THE SUBMIT BY EMAIL BUTTON ON THE FORM. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME UP WHEN YOU CLICK THE BUTTON. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THE FORMS, PLEASE CALL 405-878-1669 OR 405-878-1626 DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, AND WE WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU.
REMEMBER--YOUR BEST OPTION IS TO USE EITHER ADOBE ACROBAT OR ADOBE READER XI. ADOBE READER XI IS FREE ON THE INTERNET.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader!
Regular Employee Applicants
Shawnee Splash Applications
City of Shawnee-Shawnee Splash-Application
City of Shawnee-Shawnee Splash-Mobile Application
Police Officer Applicants
No job openings at this time.
How Do I Apply?
Are you interested in becoming a City of Shawnee employee? Listed above are the positions that are currently open with us right now. You can download the City Application by clicking its link above.
Once you have filled out the application completely, you can either mail it to the HR Department, 16 West 9th Street, Shawnee, Oklahoma 74802-1448, email to email@example.com or fax it to Jennifer Greenland at (405) 878-1734. If you are applying for more than one position within the City of Shawnee, a new application has to be filled out for each position.
Job descriptions are available for each position that is open. If you would like to receive notices through e-mail for position that come open with the City of Shawnee, please sign up on this webpage to receive them!
The City of Shawnee requires a pre-employment drug screen and physical for its potential employees.
General City of Shawnee Employee Information
The City of Shawnee offers positions in these categories:
- Full Time
- Part Time (averages from 20 to 29 hours a week)
- Seasonal Temporary Help (variation on the hours and type of work)
The City of Shawnee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination because of race, sex, religion, age, national origin or disability in recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, and promotions for any and all positions with the City of Shawnee
Show Job Titles Only Show All Detail|
|Job Description||CITY OF SHAWNEE|
POSITION: 911 Dispatcher
PAY RANGE: Grade 14 starting at $15.58/hour
REVISED: July 1, 2010
JOB SUMMARY: A non-exempt position that requires operation of the base radio and maintaining contact with mobile units to dispatch assistance where needed. Works under the direction of the Communications Supervisor and the Administrator of Support Services. “Job descriptions may be modified based on City needs and employees may be required to perform functions beyond those described below and employees are “at will employees” in that either party may terminate the employment relationship with or without notice.”
• Operates the base radio and maintains contact with mobile units to dispatch public safety assistance where needed in a supervised training capacity.
• Receives training from a Communications Supervisor utilizing the department’s five phase process.
• Cooperates with other law enforcement agencies as necessary.
• Receives and dispatches telephone emergencies; monitors and transmits radio communications; broadcasts orders to law enforcement and fire and ambulance; coordinates emergency requests; monitors emergency telephones and traces emergency telephone disruptions.
• Assigns backup units and arranges for emergency equipment as necessary.
• Operates a tape recording machine to record broadcasts and telephone conversations for record purposes. Operates in-house calls received, information on warrants, tickets, tag and license information.
• Monitors alarm systems and responds to malfunctions or activation of the equipment.
• Implements a rotating wrecker list and contacts wrecker units for service.
• Operates a teletypewriter updating and retrieving information relating to wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, etc.
• Monitors activities in various settings throughout City Hall.
• Maintains and validates filing system related to the National Crime Information Center entries.
• Maintains logs on all computer inquiries made through the FBI III files.
• Maintains and operates computer aided dispatch system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
• Must possess experience in area of communication with the public.
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and maintain driving record acceptable to the City’s Insurance carrier.
• Must pass a complete background check to include OSBI and NCIC.
• Must complete the Oklahoma Law Enforcement Telecommunications Systems (O.L.E.T.S.) and become certified and licenses to use teletypewriter within 12 months of employment.
• Must be able to type (40 wpm desired), index, file, and perform other clerical functions.
• Must be able to work multiple computer programs.
• Must be able to communicate with public and police effectively in all emergency situations.
• Must be able to calm irate or frantic callers to elicit proper information.
• Must be able to maintain patience and a cool head.
• Must be able to follow police department’s chain of command policy.
• Must be a multi-task person that can handle safety issues in a time sensitive manner.
• Must be able to handle material with confidentiality.
SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Works under direct supervision of Dispatch Supervisor and Administrator of Support Services.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Most of work is performed indoors in isolated area.
• Smoking is not allowed in the Communications Center or anywhere in the City of Shawnee City Hall building.
• Must have a clear distinct voice.
• Must be able to work under stressful situations.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Must agree to wear uniform provided and follow the Communications Division uniform policy following training.
• Must be willing to work different hours, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Employee works in an office environment and uses a desk top computer, adding machine, fax machine, and copier.
• Employee is sometimes required to work outside in both normal and abnormal weather conditions as required.
• Employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop and twist when maintaining files.
• Employee may be required to walk up and down stairs.
• Some lifting is required usually up to at least 25 pounds – but may be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
• Must be able to adhere to Shawnee Police Communications/Dispatch Policy.
SPECIAL LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Must complete the Oklahoma Law Enforcement Telecommunications Systems (O.L.E.T.S.) and become certified and licenses to use teletypewriter within 12 months of employment.
| ||Printer Friendly Version|
City of Shawnee Personnel Department
This will add or remove you from a mail listing of the most recent City of Shawnee Job openings. An email with basic information related to the position will be generated each time a new job isposted. You will NOT receive any other email and your email address will not be used for other purposes.