Online Payments

Mobile Site
Shawnee Mobile

City Hall / 16 W 9th St

Click for Map

Welcome on Thursday, March 22, 2018 to

Welcome to the City of Shawnee Oklahoma Online City Hall. If you are a City of Shawnee Citizen, be sure to visit the Citizens Guide for quick access to information you need. If you are not a Shawnee Citizen check out the the Visitors Guide for Shawnee tourist information. View the latest City Report video below.

City Report Youtube Include - Displays most recent City Report

City Report: Avedis Expo Partnership

City Report Archive
Agenda30 - Meetings in the near future

News/Press Release Headline Include
Current News/Information
Commands: Show Headlines Only | Show All News

City achieves milestone in removing blight and improving neighborhoods
February 9, 2017
For Immediate Release
Contact: Justin DeBruin (878-1665)

On January 30th, 2017, Meier & Son Trucking finished the removal of a house on the 400 block of North Philadelphia Ave., marking a major accomplishment for the City of Shawnee. This demolition represents the 200th dilapidated structure ordered to be removed by the City since the inception of increased program efforts in 2011, significantly stepping up code enforcement. Over the past six years, this number amounts to 33 uninhabitable structures removed on average, per year, surpassing the original goal of 25 buildings annually. The ongoing demolition work aims to improve neighborhoods while removing potential safety hazards to the public.

Beginning in 2011, the City hired an additional code enforcement officer, doubling the existing enforcement capabilities. Additional funding was also budgeted for nuisance abatement, with a strong focus on the removal of dilapidated structures, displaying the City’s strong commitment to supporting and improving neighborhoods.

By the time many of these structures are reported to the City, they have been abandoned and through time decayed to a point where they become an issue of health, safety, and welfare. These properties are commonly unsecured, inhabited by vagrants, susceptible to fires, and are determined to be uninhabitable. There is also a strong correlation between dilapidated structures and environmental nuisances, including: tall grass and weeds, derelict vehicles, junk, trash and debris.

Once a complaint is received, the City works cooperatively with the property owner in an attempt to improve the building and ensure overall safety. If these efforts are not taken within a prescribed timeline, the City, following notice and a public hearing, may order the structure to be removed. If said property is not removed by the property owner, the City will hire a licensed contractor to perform the removal and bill the property owner any fees or expenses. If these fees go unpaid, a lien is then placed on the property.

Ultimately, the removal of problem properties provides an opportunity for quality infill development with direct access to available public utilities. The City continues to address the problem of vacant and dilapidated structure in Shawnee and encourages residents and organizations within the community to become involved. Individuals may call 405-878-1602 to report a suspected violation or complete a form online at The City currently has 21 active dilapidated structure investigations.



View Current Residential Garage Sales with a Map

Click for Shawnee, Oklahoma Forecast
Follow @Shawnee_WX on Twitter

Horse Image Include

Looking to reserve a park pavilion, community building, or facility?
Use our Reservation System HERE

Looking for a lost Pet? Looking for a new pet?
Visit the Shawnee Online Shelter by clicking here now!

Been in an auto accident in the City?
You can now get your free online Accident Report on the Police Page for free.
Click here for more information.
If you're thinking about starting a construction project?
Be sure to check on the necessary permits and licenses. Call the Code Enforcement Division at 405-878-1666 if you have questions regarding City Building Codes. Zoning issues are handled by the Community Development Division 

Building Permits and Licenses If you’re thinking about starting a construction project, be sure to check on the necessary permits and licenses. You can download a permit application at Building Permits and Licenses or call 405-878-1666 if you have any questions.

Residential or "Garage" Sales require a permit too. The cost is $10.00 for a 2 day permit and you are allowed 3 sales a year. The price includes 3 signs. They can be obtained at 222 N Broadway and you can call 405-878-1616 if you have any questions. Your sale will be Listed Here for free as well.

The City issues numerous other permits and licenses. If in doubt, call the Planning and Building Department at one of the above numbers.

Need to Report Nuisance Property?
You can view and report high grass and weeds, inoperative cars, derelict cars, or vacant buildings, online at the Action Center or call 405-878-1602.

Housing Information
Several assistance programs are available to help ensure that our citizens are able to afford quality housing. The City's CDBG Urban Renewal Office administers loan and grant programs for emergency repairs and home improvement.